Sacred Heart Basketball, the G.O.A.T?

The Sacred Heart Academy girl's basketball team is off to a white-hot start, sitting atop the Mid-State Activities Conference at 15-0 heading into Thursday night's game vs Merrill. This stellar record is undoubtedly a testament to the dedication and persistence of the coaches and players who represent Sacred Heart Academy on the hardwood. The success of the Lady Irish this season is quite impressive, and it begs the question: is the 2017-18 squad the greatest of all time (G.O.A.T)?

Photo Courtesy of: ModernFarmer.com
The impressive display of skill, athletic prowess, and teamwork exhibited on both ends of the court has yielded positive results for Sacred Heart Academy, who routinely outscores opponents by 20, 30, even 40 points.

When looking at the body of work, one can't help but draw comparisons to Kobe and the Lakers of the early 2000s, Jordan's Bulls of the 90's, or the modern day Golden State Warriors. All of those teams were/are very different from one another, and the current Sacred Heart girl's team. But what's one common thread that ties together these great programs? Winning. A LOT of winning. 

At 15-0, the Lady Irish have five more games to close out the regular season. 15 out of 20 is 75%. What I'm getting at, is the Lady Irish have played 75% of their games and have yet to be beat. Can Kobe and the Lakers say they ever did that? No. Jordan and the Bulls? Nope. The Golden State Warriors? Most definitely not. 

The success the Sacred Heart girl's team has thus far achieved is astronomical, and I'd bet that it continues through the rest of the regular season and beyond. I'm not explicitly saying they are better than any of the aforementioned NBA teams. But I will say this: I don't care if you're MJ, Lebron, Kobe, or Magic. If you come up to Mt. Pleasant to play Sacred Heart Academy, you better be ready to play or you will get exposed. 

Are the 2017-18 Sacred Heart Irish the G.O.A.T? I know my answer, how about you? 

-Dan

Los Lobos 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to the SHA Family

Run Irish, Run!

Breaking News … We Have Another Win!